Leatherman Geocoin

KDubs

I live in Connecticut, and there is an old legend about "The Leather Man." Here is his story...

Leatherman once roamed SW Connecticut and SE New York from 1858 to 1889. He traveled a 365-mile loop between the Connecticut and Hudson rivers. Approximately every month he would repeat his journey. The man spoke primarily with grunts or gestures and dressed in crudely stitched leather from his hat to his shoes. The suit was made of soft-tanned calfskin leather and weighed about sixty pounds. He would sleep outside year-round mostly in caves around Connecticut and New York.

There are many geocaches at locations of Leatherman caves including one at his supposed tombstone in New York. I own two of them in Conncecticut and wanted to combine his interesting story with my first venture into creating a Geocoin.

The net result is the "Leather Man's Circuit Geocoin" which is a commemorative to this early geocacher. On the front is the Leather Man with his date of birth and death. On the back is a map of his ciruit, with a leather-texture background. These coins are trackable on GC.com with a unique icon.

lmancoin.jpg

I am asking $10 each plus S&H ($2.50 for 1-3, $3 for 4-5, e-mail for others). I am only shipping to the US at this time. If you want some, please paypal me at KerryWills@aol.com. I will ship next day in a bubble mailer so you can have them for Christmas.

Thanks

Edited by KDubs

Hi KDubs,

The picture you use, is it of an pre-mint example coin or of the new edition?

Reason why I'm asking, is because the end of the staff seems to be colored. The edition I have, the staff is completely nickel (raised metal).

Ruud4d

It is all nickel - exactly the same as the one you have