"You are watching this listing"

tachoknight

I always add any coins or TBs I find to my watch list so that I can see where they go after I've dropped them off. Typically I see something like "You are watching this listing with 1 other person" (sometimes more than one).

Today I found a couple of coins in a cache and added them to my watch list and it said "You are watching this listing". I get that same message from the coins and TBs I own and I interpret the message as saying "no one else is watching this item other than you."

This strikes me as strange...is the owner watching the item, or does it mean that the owner is always watching it, and the number referred to is "in addition to the owner". I can't imagine a scenario, for myself anyway, why I'd drop a coin or TB in a cache and literally walk away from it; don't know nor care where it goes.

It doesn't change my attitude about the item...I still want to know where they go and wish it happy trails, but it seems weird to be the only one (if that's really the case).

Edited by tachoknight

Most travelers I'll watch for a couple of moves after I've dropped it to make sure it gets moving again- I kind of feel responsible for it until I'm no longer the last to possess. Once I'm sure it's been in good hands for a few drops I'll stop watching to keep the notifications down.

After that, if I'm interested in a traveler's status I'll pull it up from my moved/discovered list.

I do wonder who's watching my stuff :lol: , caches and travelers. Kinda feels like there's somebody watching me! :)