Why don't benchmarks count towards finds?

doxietrekkers4

Hi doxietrekker:

Welcome to Benchmark Hunting! Looks like you're off to a good start. Keep it up!

Well, benchmarks just are different animals (so to speak), so the folks that run Geocaching.com just never counted them in the geocaches total found. If you look at your geocaches tab on your profile, you'll see the asterisks (or lack of) shows what types are in the total (or not). :D

You'll find lots of friendly & helpful folks on the benchmark forum. Stop in again!

P.S. I grew up in Buffalo NY, not too far from Fairport, but we're out in nice warm Southern California now. :D

Hi doxietrekker:

Welcome to Benchmark Hunting! Looks like you're off to a good start. Keep it up!

Well, benchmarks just are different animals (so to speak), so the folks that run Geocaching.com just never counted them in the geocaches total found. If you look at your geocaches tab on your profile, you'll see the asterisks (or lack of) shows what types are in the total (or not). :D

You'll find lots of friendly & helpful folks on the benchmark forum. Stop in again!

P.S. I grew up in Buffalo NY, not too far from Fairport, but we're out in nice warm Southern California now. :D

Thanks, but I could have sworn when we found our 1st one our number actually went up. Oh well. I still think they're interesting.

The sun in CA must be nice. We spent 3 hours today caching in the rain in 31 deg. We managed to find eight and not develop any hypothermia. I guess you never have to worry about that :D