How to sign up for the FREE membership

W7WT

Since I signed up with Geocaching.Com in August of 2001 and then been a PM since it was available, I haven't had to sign up since then. I have a friend that would like to try a free membership to see how he likes it. If you go to the page that gives the steps and click on FREE MEMBERSHIP it takes you to a page for signing up and paying for a PM. There must be a way to sign up for the free membership. Please Advise Dick

There sure is... Just go to the geocaching home page and click "create a membership" (top right of the page). It will take you to a new page. Scroll to the bottom and look for the button that says "get a basic membership". Click it. Now fill in the information required and voila you have a new membership for free. There are benefits you will not have access to, such as PQs and premium members caches but it is enough to get up and running... :unsure:

Thank you, I was just trying to educate myself so I could better help him. He just ordered a GPS today and hasn't tried to sign up. He will have no problem in doing so. Didn't realize how it worked. Thank you.

Moderator please close topic. Dick