Loging the trackable item

martin.simek

Imagine a situation there is TB Hotel somewhere. A lot of trackale items are inside waiting for their trip to meet thir mission. A cacher approaches cache and retrieving a trackable item to help it travel. Because he/she will be holidaying in the far-away destination and havin no conction to Internet he/she has got no facility how to log the retrievement of the item from the TB Hotel. After placing the item into its new destination cache he/she has no facility how to log it neither. Meanwhile, this happen:

1. you think your trackable item just dissapeared.

2. other cachers suddenly start to discover the itemin its new destination.

What would you do ?

1. would you (as the Owner) retrieve the item from the TB Hotel and place in the new destination immediatelly ?

2. would you wait till the person is back from holiday (without Internet) an logs the retrieve/place of your item ?

i.e. HOW LONG WOULD YOU WAIT ?!

What would you do ?

1. would you (as the Owner) retrieve the item from the TB Hotel and place in the new destination immediatelly ?

2. would you wait till the person is back from holiday (without Internet) an logs the retrieve/place of your item ?

i.e. HOW LONG WOULD YOU WAIT ?!

If the cacher who moved it is now able to be at a computer, email them the tracking code so they can retrieve and drop it correctly.

If they don't, then as the owner, yes I would retrieve it and drop it correctly utilizing the "write note" option on the cache page and explain in that log what you are doing so the CO understands. You can back date the entries so the logs on the TB are chronologically accurate.

How long I wait would depend upon the cacher who moved the coin. If they aren't going to have access to a computer any time soon, I'd probably log it sooner rather than later. If they will have access in a week or 2, then I'd wait. They can always back date their logs too.