Extreme geocache (not geocaching)

Knight2000

Source.

I put this thread in this section as caching is a tactic which may be useful in the coming years.

I've got two set ups and they're ready to be taken to gps'd locations scouted out over the last several weeks. They both can be gotten to on foot through the mountains if necessary within 8 hours from the house [ but I'm not going to specify exactly how far and they could be 8 hours or 2 hours from the house ]. If a car can be used to get into the general starting area, I can get to the locations just 3 miles through the mountains from the nearest road.

Here's the set ups I have put together.

1st cache set up:

50 cal ammo can with 500 rds of 9mm, 1 glock 17, 5 mags, bore snake, small tube of gunslick, 5 power bars, dehydrated pineapple slices, 3 survival candles, compass and map with landmarks marked on it showing water sources, small suture set up and first aid kit including prescription pain killers.

2nd cache:

USArmy rocket can with Marlin Papoose broken down with 3x scope set up on barrel and sighted in, 500 rds of 22lr, 500 rds of 9mm, 1 glock 17, 5 mags, bore snake, small tube of gunslick, 5 power bars, dehydrated pineapple slices, 3 survival candles, compass and map with landmarks marked on it showing water sources small suture set up and first aid kit including prescription pain killers..

Both have been secondarily sealed with caulking and then 20 feet of duct tape placed around the cans. They will be put into place in the dark using the AN-PVS4 military night vision unit after scanning the area for an hour for anyone who might be close to the area [ doubtful but something that could happen ].

Next week, one goes in and gets placed, then the next week, the other goes in and set into place. The cans will be buried encased in enough lead battery panels that have been broken out from dead car batteries so that metal detectors will not find them.

There will be another cache set up in 14" PVC commercial grade piping 4 feet long. This one will hold a new Russian SKS, 2 bandoliers of 160 rds each on strippers [ total 320 rds ], a spare bolt for it with all the above already mentioned and some other goodies. This one will be buried in a different location altogether from the two "cans" leaving directional options available to me should that be necessary. I can be into the mountains within 1 hour's foot hike from the house.

I've got my search pack always set up as a BUGOUT bag with everything I'd need for three days out alone with lots of medical supplies. It carries a smaller waist pack that is set up in the event I need to drop the main pack for some reason and travel extremely light which includes gloves, 2 surefires, fire starters and tinder, extra socks, 100 foot of parachute cord, duct tape and a few power bars.

Anyone thought about the future and made preparations in this regard?

cache

noun, verb, cached, cach⋅ing.

Use cache in a Sentence

See web results for cache

See images of cache

–noun 1. a hiding place, esp. one in the ground, for ammunition, food, treasures, etc.: She hid her jewelry in a little cache in the cellar.

2. anything so hidden: The enemy never found our cache of food.

3. Alaska and Northern Canada. a small shed elevated on poles above the reach of animals and used for storing food, equipment, etc.

–verb (used with object)

4. to put in a cache; conceal; hide.

I guess he thinks the future looks bleek.

Ummmmmmmmm.........................

Is this a joke? Because if it is, I don't seem to get it.

What seems to be a joke about it? If you read it is seems pretty self explanatory. Some nutjob plans on hiding a cache.

Fixed it for ya.

Is this a joke? Because if it is, I don't seem to get it.

What seems to be a joke about it? If you read it is seems pretty self explanatory. Some nutjob plans on hiding a cache.

Fixed it for ya.

While I wouldn't do it (because of the cost) it really doesn't seem that far off. Paranoid? Sure. Still, better safe than sorry. When disaster strikes its each man for themselves. You want to be sure you can take care of yourself/family. I think the rifle sounds like a much better tool to have. Maybe we've seen one to many end of the world movies.

This is a bit off the wall though. :)

Both have been secondarily sealed with caulking and then 20 feet of duct tape placed around the cans. They will be put into place in the dark using the AN-PVS4 military night vision unit after scanning the area for an hour for anyone who might be close to the area [ doubtful but something that could happen ].

Next week, one goes in and gets placed, then the next week, the other goes in and set into place. The cans will be buried encased in enough lead battery panels that have been broken out from dead car batteries so that metal detectors will not find them.

1. He seems pretty confident that the gps satellite system will remain operational/available after such a disaster (unless he plans on finding by memory, though he does state they will be "gps'd locations").

2. Why would someone with this paranoia level want to be operating an evil satellite tracking device with "the man" on his tail in the first place?

:)