Geocoin questions

Huntleigh

Hi All

I visited NZ's oldest active cache today, GC46 (7th in world to boot). I picked up a geocoin SG****.

The whereabouts of the coin is listed as being in the possession of VerPeilt but there are notes that indicated it has travelled through two caches recently. What's the protocol for getting this geocoin back on the move. Contact the current holder and ask him to drop it or just "grab it"?

TIA

Edited by mod to remove GC number

Edited by briansnat

Hi there

First of all, it would be good if you could edit the geocoin's tracking number out of your first post and replace it with the reference number of the coin instead (TB1QPTR) because the tracking number should be kept 'secret', known only to those who actually see the coin. :signalviolin:

It looks like VerPielt and the next cacher Miss Moneypenny are both holidaying around NZ so it may simply be a case that they haven't had a chance to get online and bring their cache and trackable logs up to date.

You could just grab it, then dip the coin and and out of the caches it has visited but if it was me on holiday in NZ (I wish :laughing: ) I would be making careful notes of where I visited and what trackables I moved and I'd be looking forward to doing the logs myself. If you can be patient I think it would be good to just hold onto the coin for now and give the travellers another couple of weeks to get caught up.

We've done the "Europe's First" GC43 geocache in Ireland. It's great that you've visited the NZ one.

MrsB