Downloading Goecaches into Lowrance H2Oc (?)

Hildy Boys

Please excuse me if I am totally pulling a newbie move here. But can some tell me, our direct me to a location that tells me how I can download geocaches into my H2O?

I have searched for it, and i find little bits and peices into how to do it. But I can't find anywhere that will walk me through it.

Loading them by hand is a bit time consuming.

I would recommend downloading the free GPX to USR utility available from the Lowrance website. This utility lets you choose what info to see on your GPS. You also need a program like GSAK (Geocaching Swiss Army Knife). Do a Pocket Query from the Geocaching.com site and send the PQ to your email. Unzip the PQ from your email and it will open in GSAK. You can also send individual Geocaches from the Geocaching site to GSAK if you would rather. Once the caches are in the GSAK application you can filter them and save the ones you want as a GPX file. Open the file in the GPX to USR utility. Click what info you want to show on your GPS and save it. Copy this USR file to your H20's SD card and Load the file to the unit. GSAK can also save files in USR format but with less options.

Edited by Indotguy

Thanks guys, so can I use my lake maps SD card? Or do I have to buy a special card for it?

If your referring to a Lowrance Lake map SD card, yes, it should should work in your H20C.

Maybe I should have asked that differently, can I save the waypoints into my Lake Map SD card? Or do I need to buy a special one.

Thanks,

Brian

Thanks guys, so can I use my lake maps SD card? Or do I have to buy a special card for it?

If your referring to a Lowrance Lake map SD card, yes, it should should work in your H20C.

Maybe I should have asked that differently, can I save the waypoints into my Lake Map SD card? Or do I need to buy a special one.

Thanks,

Brian

Not having any Lake cards I can't say for sure, although it would seem to me there should be enough empty space on the card to transfer waypoints.