Our first finds!

cmaille

We couldn't wait any longer. The GPSr we bought from Ebay STILL hasn't arrived yet, and we were getting tired of waiting! So, there were several easy caches only a few blocks from our house and we decided to go find them! I read on here that a few people had used Google Earth to get a look-see of an area before going to it...and since I knew the areas these caches were in fairly well, I thought this would work.

It did! All three were in a fair to medium muggle area, especially the last one..so stealth mode was engaged! The hardest one in the group ended up being the quickest find!

My son and I are now relaxing and basking in the glow of officially becoming geo-cachers today..and talking about what our signature swag is going to be, and how and when we're going to hide one of our own!

I thought I had taken up some addictive hobbies before,,but WOW! This is AWESOME!! :)

Sorry to take up your reading time, but the excitement was too much and I just had to tell ya'll!

Cmaille & Son (<---still looking for an appropriate screen name for a 7 yr. old. lol)

Welcome! I'm fairly new too and while I have four guys, my seven year old is the most into it. We have probably gotten more outside time these past two weeks than in the whole rest if the year :)

Welcome and it just keeps getting better. We're new also and having a blast! Everyone we've met in the Geo-caching circuit are top shelf genuine folks. Now that the weather is starting to cool off we're looking forward to some serious hikes!

Congratulations! We just found our first cache yesterday as well. You are right, it is really addictive. What a fantastic way to get outside and see the world. I have lived with in 10 miles of where I am for most of my life and since finding out about Geocaching it all looks new again. Good luck, see you out there.