Benchmark hunting in a cache challenge

rogbarn

I recently setup the SLAGA County Challenge. It is patterned after the various state county challenges but designed for the St. Louis area (SLAGA = St. Louis Area Geocachers Assoc.) There are 76 counties in the SLAGA area and the point is to find a cache in each county. I included the option to find benchmarks as an alternative to finding a cache. I couldn't allow too many because it is a cache hunt but I liked the idea and made sure it stayed in there. I know that benchmarks have been used for multi-caches. Does anyone know if this has been done before for larger challenge type caches? THe cache listing is here: SLAGA County Challenge

AZcachemeister has set a series of challenge caches here that are based on number of bench mark finds, without geographic requirements. The levels are 25 - Casual, 100 - Serious, 250 - Dedicated, and 500 - Obsessed.

I like that your challenge allows bench mark finds to substitute in counties where a cacher has found all the caches. It seems like a good workaround for that situation, which I've seen discussed several times as a problem with that type of challenge in areas with smaller counties.