Quick Ques-Whats the difference between grabbing and retrieving?

WeSeekCache

Sorry I'm not quite getting all this. (still pretty new to me) But whats the difference between "grabbing" a TB or "retrieving" it?

I "retrieved" from a cache, which does show on the TB's home page, however the TB is still listed in the caches inventory where we found it. Did I do something wrong when logging it in?

Thanks!

Sorry I'm not quite getting all this. (still pretty new to me) But whats the difference between "grabbing" a TB or "retrieving" it?

I "retrieved" from a cache, which does show on the TB's home page, however the TB is still listed in the caches inventory where we found it. Did I do something wrong when logging it in?

Thanks!

Did you "refresh" your browser before checking to see if it was still listed in that cache?

If you "retrieve" it from the cache online, in order to properly view your action, you must either back out of the page entirely and re-enter again, or "refresh" your browser, allowing that info to update to your computer.

EDIT: Was the TB Matt's Homing Biplane?

Edited by Gitchee-Gummee

Forgot the other part of the question.

Retrieving is the proper way to remove a trackable from a cache that it has been logged into.

Grabbing is how to move a trackable into your inventory otherwise. Such as one that is in a cache although not logged into that cache; also to hand-transfer a trackable from one person to another (without involving cache placement).

Well its been over a week and it still shows. I was wondering if perhaps it doesn't come out of inventory until I place it in a new cache?

Cache

TB's home page

Thanks for any help.

Just saw your edit, yes it was the homing plane.

It appears as though you did it correctly. I don't have a clue why it is still showing in that cache inventory AND

in your hands too! Have never seen this happen.

Just hang on because I bet you that someone smarter than me is going to be able to help you/supply you with the answer right here in this string. :(

Edited by Gitchee-Gummee

Just checked a little further to find that a cacher apparently placed it into that cache on Sept. 7 (along with doing some maintenance of sorts). Does not appear that cacher ever logged it properly into the cache.

The fix can be done, but it involves "grabbing" and possibly re-logging.

Again, wait for someone with more experience to provide you with the proper method of fixing it.

Edit: This is funny because it looks like the other cacher logged it into the cache, whilst we were typing here discussing the matter.

Edited by Gitchee-Gummee