Cache coordinates correction problem

two bison

Tonight I tried to update the coordinates for a cache GC1CPB9 and got the following message.

The new location is a relatively large distance from the original. Please check your coordinates to make sure they were entered correctly. If you need additional help, please contact Nomex, the reviewer who published this cache, or Groundspeak to make the change for you. Be sure to provide the cache name and GC Code, the new and old coordinates, and the reason why you need to move the cache.

Old Coordinates: N 39° 04.193 W 121° 48.581

New Coordinates: N 39° 04.194 W 121° 48.577

I think you folks might have a problem as I was very careful to double check my entries and this was a move of 19 feet.

Tonight I tried to update the coordinates for a cache GC1CPB9 and got the following message.

The new location is a relatively large distance from the original. Please check your coordinates to make sure they were entered correctly. If you need additional help, please contact Nomex, the reviewer who published this cache, or Groundspeak to make the change for you. Be sure to provide the cache name and GC Code, the new and old coordinates, and the reason why you need to move the cache.

Old Coordinates: N 39° 04.193 W 121° 48.581

New Coordinates: N 39° 04.194 W 121° 48.577

I think you folks might have a problem as I was very careful to double check my entries and this was a move of 19 feet.

I just used GeoCalc to get the distance between the two sets of coordinates, and it gave me 19.878 feet. I also checked the original coordinates on your cache page, and they match the old coordinates in your post. Not sure what the problem might be. From what you've given, it should have worked.

--Larry

I have seen this before. Try this way instead.

Click the "edit listing" link on the top right of the page.

Use the link to edit the coordinates under the coordinates section.

I hope this works for you. Let us know! :(

Ah yes, I knew you had to update the coordinates by posting a log with the new coordinates. What I didn't know was that you had to use the link in the "edit listing" to get it to work. Thanks.

Now, where did I put those new coordinates for the other cache I moved? Dang.

Ah yes, I knew you had to update the coordinates by posting a log with the new coordinates. What I didn't know was that you had to use the link in the "edit listing" to get it to work. Thanks.

You had the right idea. It wasn't you. There's a bug somewhere. Others have had the same problem.