travel bugs

tav

ok. now i see that the t/b dog tags have tracking #'s but how are the coins, and other stuff trackable? do they also have numbers on them and basiclly tracking them all over the place? .

also do i need to start a cache to start my own t/b and have it go from place to place or can i just buy one and put it in the nearest cache and if so how would instruct it to move place to place.?

Edited by tav

ok. now i see that the t/b dog tags have tracking #'s but how are the coins, and other stuff trackable? do they also have numbers on them and basically tracking them all over the place? .

also do i need to start a cache to start my own t/b and have it go from place to place or can i just buy one and put it in the nearest cache and if so how would instruct it to move place to place.?

Yes, the majority will have "trackable at" listing this website. There are a few other sites that provide tracking service, but you wouldn't be able to have them listed directly on the cache page.

You can place them into any cache, yours, anothers, and leave them there provided the cache is large enough to hold it.

The best thing is to include some sort of instructions. Sometimes people just throw everything into a baggie and include a print-off of the instruction sheet*. Some people make a homemade laminated tag giving the mission/goal and logging instructions.

The best thing is to read through this thread: Click here Snoogans' Tb Longevity Clinic

*You can print a custom made sheet by access the bug page and under Trackable Item Options is an option to Print Info Sheet

Edited by BlueDeuce

I don't know if this is good topic for this question, but I will try (sorry if OT) :)

Where is the best shop to buy a TB, when I'm living in Poland? Could you help me?

Many geocoin suppliers can also provide you with travel bugs, but generally they are ordered directly from Groundspeak.

Try this link http://www.geocaching.com/track/geocoin.aspx. Just highlight the tab for Geocoin Manufacturers and Resllers, if you prefer, some of these suppliers are also in Europe, just check them all.