Muggle free areas

Looking back over some of our past finds I found one that was archived and it gave me an idea. There must be places where muggles won't go and our caches will be safe.

GC1JNFX - is one example of a possible location. We did this one late at night on a FTF run. I knew we would not be first but is was a nice night for a walk and to pick up other caches in the area. When we got to GZ the ground was wet and muddy but that didn't stop us since it was a quite area with no muggles around. To bad it has be archived but I guess the CO has a good reason. Come to find out GZ is at a toxic landfill. Mistakes happen. :D:rolleyes:

Tobias

We generally prefer to hide caches that require hikes in the woods as well. That said, we've had one stolen, and one turned up far from ground zero but was rescued by a fellow cacher who recognized it.

In these cases, we suspect that school field trips to get the kids out in the woods are the culprit. I guess as a big advocate of "last child in the woods" programs, it's worth the occasional loss to us. One that was stolen hurt just a little, because it was a silver ammo can placed to celebrate someone's 1000th find. Chances are it was not rehidden very well and attracted someone's notice.

There is a 210 acre county park near my home that had one active cache in it. So I put a few more there. When scouting locations I noticed that there was a peninsula that went over 700' into the lake, but there were no trails there. So I got a regular sized container ready and started walking. The ground was a little mucky. After going about 150' onto the peninsula I sunk down until my knees were submberged in decayed vegetation. Perfect spot. Placed that cache, took the coords. No need to worry about muggles there.