Bad spelling on cache pages

Just to say from someone who has dyslexia I think that the way this thread is going is extremely insulting - I try to spell correctly and NO amount of being taught to spell correctly will help me, I do copy my cache listing into a word document however if a word is spelled correctly but isnt the word I am meaning it will not be picked up. To say that bad spelling is linked to unemployment - I can't spell but have never been unemployed

Starbugs,

I'm a new guy and maybe speaking out of turn, but I seriously doubt that anyone on this forum would intentionally insult anyone. Looks to me like your doing a fine job. :)

You will learn in time!! Maybe I shouldn't be so cynical

Edited by DrDick&Vick

I have no degrees, I even dropped English and never took the exam, and my upbringing was not the best.

But still I have had some really good jobs, including management positions.

My sentence structure, spelling and grammar may not be the best in the world but I still try and make myself understood as clear as possible.

So stop making excuses for these people, sloppiness is sloppiness and no amount of excuses will change that.

Yes I have read those writers you mentioned, as everyone should, are you aware that the English language nearly died out?

So let’s be proud of the fact that most of the world learns our native language, and put as much effort into spelling and grammar as they do.

As for the cache descriptions, I do not think anyone cares about typo’s, but poor writing does not get your message across, after all you are trying to sell your cache, in a world where there are almost 1 million caches to choose from, and yes it is very much like a C.V where you are trying to sell yourself to a potential employer, where there are millions of potential employees.

Although saying all this at the end of the day it IS only a game, but spelling and grammar should be a way of life.

Dyslexia is well known these days, and those people who have dyslexia find ways to work with it, and not excuses, they can be proud and rightly so.

Take pride in everything you do

Peace and Happy Caching

:)