Colorado -- not enough space for Webupdater to run

Tried to load the Colorado 3.0 software release from Webupdater. Got the message "There is not enough space on the disc." Does not seem right. From what I can see the Colorado has less than 1 GB on it. There are only two folders showing:

Garmin -- 937 MB

Wherigo -- 835 KB

The Garmin folder only has two large files:

gmapprom.img -- 911 MB

gmapsupp.img -- 42 MB

These units seem to have somewhere between 3 and 4 GB so I should have plenty of room for the small 3.0 update file. What am I missing? My Colorado is the 400c.

Thanks.

That's not it either. It is seeing the GPS itself -- I'm using the same drive designation that I can successfully upload from and can open and see the files on the GPS. I did have a 4 GB SD card in the unit that only has a very small amount of data on it (less than 50 MB). But I removed the SD card and got the same error. Webupdater will not even attempt to install the HotFix patch either.

Is the file gmapprom.img (911 MB) the marine charts data that comes on the 400c and the file gmapsupp.img the 42 MB of Topo 2008 I have loaded? If that's the case I figured it would be useless to delete the 42 MB file since the GPS should already have at least 2 GB of free memory.

I was hoping this was just some quirk that I was not aware of but now you guys have me worried.

Thanks

Bill

That's not it either. It is seeing the GPS itself -- I'm using the same drive designation that I can successfully upload from and can open and see the files on the GPS. I did have a 4 GB SD card in the unit that only has a very small amount of data on it (less than 50 MB). But I removed the SD card and got the same error. Webupdater will not even attempt to install the HotFix patch either.

Is the file gmapprom.img (911 MB) the marine charts data that comes on the 400c and the file gmapsupp.img the 42 MB of Topo 2008 I have loaded? If that's the case I figured it would be useless to delete the 42 MB file since the GPS should already have at least 2 GB of free memory.

I was hoping this was just some quirk that I was not aware of but now you guys have me worried.

Thanks

Bill

Are you sure that there is free memory on the internal drive? The 400c doesn't have 4GB like the 400t from what I remember. Right click on the drive in windows, select properties and check the free space.