Dumpster diving to save a cache

dcigary

From my Sister-In-Law's logs this past weekend:

October 3 by 3bighouses (48 found)

We started hunting for this one after spending the morning cleaning up the area with the Tennessee River Rescue and Pack 3266. We spent about 35 minutes looking for this one and were about to give up when I remembered the Cubmaster had mentioned this cache to me when we got here (his is the GPS unit we have been using - plan to get our own in a couple of weeks!) so I called him to see if he had any hints... He hadn't actually looked for this one himself but said another one of our Pack had found it this morning while picking up trash but since it was really well marked, he didn't think anyone would have picked it up. Armed with a description of the container, we looked around a few more minutes and still didn't find it. We went up to the River Rescue folks and asked if they had seen anything like this - explained about Geocaching, looked into the huge dumpster and saw what MIGHT be the bottom edge of the cache. Fortunately, those BIG dumpsters open up at the end so I only had to walk (not climb) about a third of the way into the dumpster to rescue the cache from the Tennessee River Rescue!!!

Took a ball, left a frisbee, dropped Greg's Travels T.B., SL, replaced the cache where we thought it should have been, called and confirmed placement with BBB. Yippee! All is right with the world now TFTC!

Some of the McCallie boys were excited to see what was inside - who knows, maybe we have stirred up some interest in some more new folks!

Way to go, 3bighouses! :D