View archived caches in an area?

isuquinndog

There are a number of parks around here that don't have them that

a. used to have them but they dropped out as a matter of natural attrition,

b. haven't had one yet and every time I make plans to put one there, the park gets taken.

Where you hide it is almost more important than what park it's in.

Just check out how much traffic that park gets on a busy sunny summer day (or ask around since summer's over) or check it out on a sunny weekend and figure it's busier in the summer.

Is there a place in that park that is away from the play equipment and picnic benches?

Is there a good hiding spot away from places that are likely to have a lot of people at times, such as away from baseball fields etc.?

It is possible a cache got muggled there in the past, but it may have been right in the middle of a muggle zone.

I'd focus on seeing if there is a good spot away from muggle hangouts.

Even if the past cache wasn't muggled, and you put yours right on the kids play equipment you're still going to get it muggled.

If you email your reviewer, please provide coordinates, asking by "Name of Park" can really create some work.

There may not be a cache in the park.

Or there IS a cache in the park, part of a multi-cache, end point of a puzzle.

Many times a year, I see a cache submitted in a park with some form of, "we couldn't believe there's no cache here!". They shouldn't believe it - 'cause there is, indeed, a cache there; just no visible traditional cache.

If you email your reviewer, please provide coordinates, asking by "Name of Park" can really create some work.

There may not be a cache in the park.

Or there IS a cache in the park, part of a multi-cache, end point of a puzzle.

Many times a year, I see a cache submitted in a park with some form of, "we couldn't believe there's no cache here!". They shouldn't believe it - 'cause there is, indeed, a cache there; just no visible traditional cache.

Thanks. I did email the reviewer and he said that he can't tell if there are any multi/puzzle finals there until I actually submit it. I don't have a specific point figured out yet, I hope to do that this weekend. Thanks for the help!