please help with a vista hcx altimeter issue

namiboy

so i have a vista hcx that has 2.80/2.80 since i brought it home, never had any issues to speak of until now. i don't know if i pressed some wrong buttons on the altimeter or what, but it seems ever since i had a max elevation of 36,000 + ft from a plane ride i don't see the green graph on the altimeter screen. i calibrated it 3 times, reset the max elevation, restored defaults 3 times, switched between plot over distance and plot over time, i can't see the graph. the numbers change correctly, and if i switch to 'view pressure plot' i can see the green, but that's it. the zoom ranges are set to 80 feet and 2 minutes. i live in south florida so it's pretty flat, but i used to be able to see elevation changes on the graph just from going up and down my stairs and i just drove over an overpass to test it, no luck. any ideas?

My Vista HCX, 2.80/2.80, has auto calibration on, variable elevation, scales of 640ft and 8 mile. You didn't say that you had cleared the track log during your resets. If you don't clear the log, you'll maintain the 36000ft track and that may be your problem.

thanks so much, you pointed me in the right direction. i actually had my tracklog off, which i knew, but i didn't think it would affect the altimeter screen. i didn't know they were mutually exclusive i should say.