Changes to notifications - how about if cache owners could choose?

scottpa100

Obviously leave the current method it works for many people.

I'd like to have a daily e-mail that contains hyperlinks such as

"Today, the following caches have had visits, DNFs, notes or maintennance applied to them:-

Under the Bridge - GC123AB

No Fools Gold Here - GC123AC

Blah de blah - GCXYZ12"

Obviously each waypoint having the hyperlink so you don't have remember the waypoint. It's just because of so many e-mails coming through, especially when an event is held in your area and your caches get raped!

Just another idea, how about the same e-mail above a sub-section that says something like

"And the following caches have had new photos uploaded to them:-

Hoobery Doobery - GCQPR45

ThingyMeJig - GCTYH45

Hunt Me Box - GC123XYZ"

Cache owners could chose whether they had a daily e-mail, a weekly e-mail, whether they want all caches, some caches etc etc. I don't know, but the ideas above are things I'd appreciate.

Thanks for your time.

Scott

A daily or weekly round-up of 'Found' logs.

Every 'Needs Maintenace'/'Should Be Archived' log as it's posted.

A daily round up would be nice if your cache gets found by a group of 5 or 6 cachers the same day, if they all have their own account!

A weekly round up may cause a back log on the server, if everyone wanted the round up on Monday, so it included the weekends logs.

I'd like to have a daily e-mail that contains hyperlinks such as

"Today, the following caches have had visits, DNFs, notes or maintennance applied to them:-

I guess I would have to wonder why you needed a summary if you are getting the direct emails.

Well actually I do know. Why not ask for a daily summary and lose the individual emails?

Not that I agree but hey, let's call it for what it is.

Edited by BlueDeuce

I'd be OK if the "founds" and "notes" would be aggregated by day, and the Needs Maintenance, Needs Archived, Archived, Disabled, Enabled and Published were all done live.

Agreed. If someone posts a log that indicates a need for action on my (the cache owner's) part, I want to know about it right away.

--Larry

I'd be OK if the "founds" and "notes" would be aggregated by day, and the Needs Maintenance, Needs Archived, Archived, Disabled, Enabled and Published were all done live.

Agreed. If someone posts a log that indicates a need for action on my (the cache owner's) part, I want to know about it right away.

--Larry

I like this idea of aggregated notes. Handy for the busy caches that some people might have. I've had a couple of caches that have been hammered over the past weekend here in the UK due to the excellent weather we've been having (which is unusual in itself!) :laughing: