gps to paper map

thumbs1

I have a Garmin Legend. I would like to be able to take a trip that I made and transfer the info to something like mapquest or the like. You know maybe to give to someone so they could follow the same route or to be able to follow the same route again.

Can someone tell me how to transfer a trip I saved on the Legend to a mapping program so I can print it out?

thanks for the help

Thanks for the info and gettin back to me about mapping from my legend. For some reason I didn't get a notification in my email I just went back to see if anyone responded.

I looked at the sight very quickly and will give it a try. I am trying to map some dirt and gravel roads I ride my Dual Sport motorcycle on. It would be great to be able to see these tracks on a map.

thanks again for the help

I have a Garmin Legend. I would like to be able to take a trip that I made and transfer the info to something like mapquest or the like. You know maybe to give to someone so they could follow the same route or to be able to follow the same route again.

Can someone tell me how to transfer a trip I saved on the Legend to a mapping program so I can print it out?

thanks for the help

Are you able to save the track as a *.gpx file. If so, you can drag and drop that file into Google Earth...

Good luck.

.. I am trying to map some dirt and gravel roads I ride my Dual Sport motorcycle on. It would be great to be able to see these tracks on a map. ...

Another solution is to use your tracklog to make it into a GPS map. If your GPS is a Legend, and not a Legend HCx or similar, then you will only have 8MB of internal memory, and no plug-in memory. These custom "tracklog maps" are tiny and should work well in your Legend.

There was a long discussion on the Zumo Forum about doing this, with links to Tutorials - check it out here: Multiple tracklogs.

Bob

Edited by Bob Morphew