Cofused about how to list a cache.

wyld_bill2003

I posted some questions to a very old topic that for some reason had been brought back to life. That thread was closed before my questions were answered. I was told to go ahead and start a new thread to see if I could get some answers.

First let me explain what I want to do. I want to do a cache like the one in the closed thread, where I would give the co-ords to the location of a micro container that would have a question in it. There would be 2 answers and each one would have a set of co-ords. Each set of co-ords would lead to another micro and question. Correct answers would lead you through 3 or 4 stages and then an ammo can final. Incorrect answers would of course make you work through more stages.

Ok now the questions I'm having trouble with.

1. I'm thinking this should be listed as a multi. Would I be correct in my thinking?

2. Would the intermediate containers waypoints be listed as questions or stages of a multi?

3. I was thinking of using brass tags for the intermediate caches, so this is where I'm most confused. Could the listed starting co-ords, the intermediate tags, and the final be within the 528ft minimum distance?

My confusion stems from the bolded areas of the Cache Saturation Guideline.

Cache Saturation

Cache containers and physical stages should generally be separated by a minimum of 0.1 miles (528 feet or 161 m). A physical stage is defined as any stage that contains a physical element placed by the geocache owner, such as a tag with the next set of coordinates or a container. Non-physical caches or stages including reference points, trailhead/parking coordinates and question to answer waypoints are exempt from this guideline.

Additionally, within a single multi-cache or mystery/puzzle cache, there is no minimum required distance between physical elements.

Thanks for any help ahead of time. I just want to make sure I get this right the first time so as not to stress my areas great reviewer.

See I'm so confused, I can't even spell "confused". ;) Could a mod please correct my spelling mistake in the title.

Edited by wyld_bill2003

1. Yes it would be a multi. Some cachers will visit more intermediate stages than others.

2. If you are placing a physical container at the waypoint, then they are stages of a multi. If you are using existing items like historical markers/grave stones/etc. then they are questions to answer.

3. The saturation guideline doesn't apply to stages within the same cache. But all of your stages must be at least 528' from any other cache.

Yes, it would be a multi. In fact, my very first cache was of similar design: Massacre Canyon Multi

You will need to list additional waypoints for each stage. You can select to have them hidden from view so that only you and a reviewer can see them. If there are physical caches at each stage, then list them as "Stage of a multi". If they are just a waypoint where a question is answered, and no physical stage to be found, that is when you'd list it as "Question".

Within a single multi, there is no minimum distance requirement. The distance requirement applies to placement with respect to other geocaches and their respective "stages" if they are a multi.

Anything else we can help you with?

Thanks for the quick replies. You guys had my answers before I was done editing my post. Now thats service.

wimseyguy: that was the way I thought it should be, but like I said I wanted to be sure. Now all I gotta do is get it done.

Thanks again

LOL...I saw your question the previous time you asked it and was about to reply before realizing that the topic had been a long dead and recently revived topic that had once again been closed. Good luck with your idea.