Documentation?

Eclectic Penguin

Is there a set of documentation for the Wherigo application developer?

I'm an experienced software developer with extensive experinece in Java, Javascript, Actionscript and Flash and find developing and learning those environments really easy, but I'm finding developing in Wherigo really hard going because:

1) I can't find any documentation that I can look up when I want to know how to do something.

2) Wherigo on google gets split up into 3 words making google queries virtually useless

I've already created 1 application - a historic tour around a town where new zones are only made available after othre groups are visited but I'm now really struggling with the concept of objects and dropping them in the current zone I'm in. This isn't a request for help with this specific problem though - what I really need is documentation.

well, since the only discussions are on this forum, google wouldn't help you that much anyway. you might try "site:forums.Groundspeak.com" though.

the closest we have to documentation is the wiki at wherigobuilder.wikispaces.com. sadly, no official api docs are available.

pretty much the best you can do is read the source of something generated by builder, you can infer a lot of useful information that way.

well, since the only discussions are on this forum, google wouldn't help you that much anyway. you might try "site:forums.Groundspeak.com" though.

the closest we have to documentation is the wiki at wherigobuilder.wikispaces.com. sadly, no official api docs are available.

pretty much the best you can do is read the source of something generated by builder, you can infer a lot of useful information that way.

Thanks - I haven't read much yet, but I think the Wiki will be of great use. I've used this forum as suggested but searches for information are greatly made less useful where searches are limited to 5 characters or more - but they've been invaluable nonetheless.

This is my first attempt at writing a serious "adventure" with characters, objects and timers after successfully writing my first guide a couple of weeks ago.

It'll be the first introduction to Wherigo (hopefully) for quite a few people at a local Geocaching event on the 26th - the adventure starts and ends at the event location but will also survive the event itself. I have the narriative all planned out which involves mad scientists, and an evil device which, if not treated correctly, will wipe out the entire nearby city :blink:

By the very nature of an introduction at an event, it should, if done in the correct order, be completable within an hour.

Edited by Eclectic Penguin