Passing on Geocoins

lotboy

Maybe I am too anxious to see my trackables move along, but is a month too long for someone to hold my coin? The person logged the find, so I do not think he is trying to keep it, and looks like a respectable cacher by reading his profile. Any info on the speed at which your coin should travel would be appreciated. I know life gets in the way sometimes, but he has logged lots of other finds since he picked mine up.

A month may seem long, but in the world of trackables the timeline varies. Two weeks of holding is the recommended ettiquette, but it wouldn't hurt to send out a friendly reminder. Just don't bombard them with a bunch of messages. Sometimes patience pays off. It's all up to you. :(

Right now I have a travel bug that I've been holding for three weeks now. The caches we've found that we thought we could put it in have been too small (or too dangerous for the TB). I'm not going to put a travel bug in a cache with a history of disappearing travel bugs or one that is filled with water or has any other problems. I consider moving a travel bug to be a sacred trust. Other caches we'd hoped to put the TB in we've had to DNF. So here we are. It is not just that life gets in the way, it is also that caching has no guarantees. Sometimes you don't find the cache. Sometimes the cache won't work for the TB.

Carolyn

Right now I have a travel bug that I've been holding for three weeks now. The caches we've found that we thought we could put it in have been too small (or too dangerous for the TB). I'm not going to put a travel bug in a cache with a history of disappearing travel bugs or one that is filled with water or has any other problems. I consider moving a travel bug to be a sacred trust. Other caches we'd hoped to put the TB in we've had to DNF. So here we are. It is not just that life gets in the way, it is also that caching has no guarantees. Sometimes you don't find the cache. Sometimes the cache won't work for the TB.

Carolyn

Absolutely. Great points here. It might not hurt to send the cacher an email but stress that you'd rather a safe cache for your lil bug/coin than any old cache.