Changing Coordinates

gunnerdog2

Thanks again for your help. Now can anyone tell me why, after putting in the info for coordinates and later I go back, they have changed. Not by much, but they are different :(

I'm not entirely sure if this will answer your question or not, but GPS units are not 100% accurate. They can be more then 100 feet off depending on the circumstances. Usually they are better then that... 10 feet or so with some of the newer enhancements. One way to see this is if you write down your coords at a known location come back to that location the next day. If you have good weather and a good view of the sky then you might only be a few feet off. However, if you have some trees or buildings blocking your view or even some bad weather you might be 20-30 feet off.

The next generation of the GPS system will be accurate to within a foot and do a much better job when under trees and buildings. Might be 5+ years before it starts to be available however.