losing power thru 12v recepticle

I use both a 60cx and a streetpilot 2610 on my motorcycle. The speaker/power plug on the 2610 has 4 metal prongs that hold it tight into the 12v socket but the 60cx has only two metal prongs and it's very loose when plugged in. The 60cx looses contact and shuts down real easy.

I dont use them at the same time.

I dont want to hard wire the units on the bike because I also use them in my other vehicles.

Anyone else have this problem with the plug coming loose from the 12v power source?

Paul

... but the 60cx has only two metal prongs and it's very loose when plugged in. The 60cx looses contact and shuts down real easy.

Are you talking about the round 4 pin connector on the back of your 60Cx? I don't understand how it could only have two prongs unless it's different from the earlier 60C models.

... but the 60cx has only two metal prongs and it's very loose when plugged in. The 60cx looses contact and shuts down real easy.

Are you talking about the round 4 pin connector on the back of your 60Cx? I don't understand how it could only have two prongs unless it's different from the earlier 60C models.

No, the problem is the plug that plugs into the 12 v socket. (cigarette lighter socket)