Lowrance H20c

Indotguy

I recently made what I found to be an interesting discovery. I inadvertently copied a small file of geocaches to my H20c's SD card in GPX format and was somewhat surprised to find the device would open them. Other than taking a little longer to load than files in USR format they worked fine. The first batch I tried came from GSAK but I also tried saving a couple of individual caches in GPX format directly from the cache pages and they worked too. On the Waypoint Information page of my H20c the caches show up with the cache code at top, then the cache name, cache type and difficulty/terrain ratings, coordinates, time and date, distance and bearing. The cache icon is the treasure chest. I tried this on my old H20 and it wouldn't work.

I recently made what I found to be an interesting discovery. I inadvertently copied a small file of geocaches to my H20c's SD card in GPX format and was somewhat surprised to find the device would open them. Other than taking a little longer to load than files in USR format they worked fine. The first batch I tried came from GSAK but I also tried saving a couple of individual caches in GPX format directly from the cache pages and they worked too. On the Waypoint Information page of my H20c the caches show up with the cache code at top, then the cache name, cache type and difficulty/terrain ratings, coordinates, time and date, distance and bearing. The cache icon is the treasure chest. I tried this on my old H20 and it wouldn't work.

I just tried it on my H2Oc and it worked too. I wonder if it would work with the Expedition C?