Canadian Travel Bug Graveyard

Zef *

Graveyards are no longer necessary. Access the bug page and under Trackable Item Options select 'Mark item missing' - Go.

This will put the bug out to an Unknown Location. Should someone find the bug they can Grab the bug back into circulation or you can pull it back out if you decide to re-release the bug.

Edit: Now that I look at your bugs you might want to consider re-releasing your Fuzzy Friend Brown Bear Pez Dispenser bug with a copy tag, it's been long enough. Probably the Panda as well. You can change the traveler and mission if you like.

Edited by BlueDeuce

From what I'm aware these days, Groundspeak frowns on the practice of Travel Bug Graveyards.

I'd hate to see some poor soul charter a boat to 0,0 in the hopes of picking up 10,000 travel bugs!

Mark the item missing and don't bother making a TB Graveyard. If you own the TB and just want it out of your inventory, this should work.

It is easy enough to mark the cache as missing and just be done with it. There is also another option where you can try to get the cache back to you and then mark it missing on the webpage. That can be done simply putting a note on the webpage for it that you want it to be returned to a certain area of your choosing. However, that could be a very simple or a daunting task depending on the geography.

I can see why the society frowns down upon TB graveyards... it sounds eerily reminiscent to when geocaching pirating was being allowed in the early days from what I have read.