garmin cammo

waglerman

hi hope someone can help me. :wub: new to caching ... not got a gps at moment ..but can any body tell me if a GARMIN CAMMO is good for this job .. been looking on ebay they seem cheep enough around £50 .. plz let me know dont want to buy if cant find ..ps funds tight at mo thats why looking at cammo .. ;)

its getting hard to find using google earth/maps ...thanks in advance... waglerman /roy

If I remember correctly the Etrex Cammo is the same as the Etrex legend. Not positive on that. I would try to get one of the "X" series units. Way more sensitive. That and you don't want to drop the cammo unit in the woods. You'll never find it. All that said, the old Etrex series have found many many thousands of caches.

If I remember correctly the Etrex Cammo is the same as the Etrex legend. Not positive on that. I would try to get one of the "X" series units. Way more sensitive. That and you don't want to drop the cammo unit in the woods. You'll never find it . All that said, the old Etrex series have found many many thousands of caches.

Exactly!!! That Garmin ever produced a unit in camo has always baffled me. Flourescent orange... makes perfect sense. Camo... just plain dumb. Even turkey hunters are going to have their GPS put away once they're in place for the hunt. So, why...?

My gray and black 60Cx has bright yellow duct tape on the sides. I dropped it in deep woods when it was less than a week old. Took over an hour to find it and it was only in the 50' circle around the GZ that I was searching. I've never had that problem since.

Exactly!!! That Garmin ever produced a unit in camo has always baffled me. Flourescent orange... makes perfect sense. Camo... just plain dumb. Even turkey hunters are going to have their GPS put away once they're in place for the hunt. So, why...?

I guess you've never been in the military where Florescent orange might get you killed?

I guess you've never been in the military where Florescent orange might get you killed?

I seriously hope that the troops are getting better equipment than an out of date Etrex. Even when that cammo Etrex was new it was far from military grade equipment.

I seriously hope that the troops are getting better equipment than an out of date Etrex. Even when that cammo Etrex was new it was far from military grade equipment.

What makes you think every ground ponder is issued a Rockwell DAGR at over 2k a pop? Most end up purchasing their own personal unit. Back when the Camo eTrex came out it was better than nothing which was the point.

Edit to add DeLorme has recently come out with a new camo version of the PN-30.

Edited by coggins