cords. for a cache.

jsilks

You should attempt to make them as accurate as possible. The inaccuracies of GPS receivers will throw the numbers off a bit. If the hider was off 15 feet and the finders is off by 15 feet the cache can easily be 30 feet from where you think it should be. But fifty feet seems a bit much and I'd mention it in the log.

Another thought - you might want to check your GPS or tree cover. I am using an old GPS which has an accuracy of 50 meters. You add tree cover and it sometimes is very off. I am planning on getting a new one but since I just started on Saturday I figured I would wait some time first.

I have a Magellan Triton 400. I just bought it about 3 months ago. It is suppose to be pretty close. Most of the caches I been to are close, only one was about 15ft . off and thats ok. I think some people move away just a little ways from the spot where the cache is, which is ok. Makes for a little thinking. I've looked at one place twice and from the cords. I looked at everything with in 55ft. , nothing. then I check on the site and some says they found it but I don't see how. I even live the area.

Some caches are very cleverly camouflaged so just because you don't see it does not mean it is not there. What is the size/difficulty of the cache? Do others mention finding it easily in the logs?

They are mirco,but I understand that. I looked one for an hour, keep going back to the same spot. I thought that the cords were wrong, but I looked down and I finally I foud it right under my feet. Another one I went back twice before I found it. These wre in arougher place than the other two. When your in open grand and a few trees ,not much to something in. Anyway I'll look for some others. Just hate to fail.