Weekly notification

CeeJay535

I have qwest broadband. I used to receive the notifications, then as I was thumbing through GC.com I noticed one of my caches was found a couple days before, then I realized that I didn't get the notification. As far as I can remember, I hadn't done a thing to my email account. I'm stumped

I have qwest broadband. I used to receive the notifications, then as I was thumbing through GC.com I noticed one of my caches was found a couple days before, then I realized that I didn't get the notification. As far as I can remember, I hadn't done a thing to my email account. I'm stumped

Try using a GMail address and see if it changes. Also, caches logged from the WAP site don't generated the notification emails.

Nope. No notification.

And before I delete the log, are you in Virginia or Arizona today? ;)

Hmmm, OK!

I just learned something.

I would have sworn that had been changed sometime back, but perhaps the action (generates notification, doesn't generate notification) has flip-flopped more than once.

OTOH, it wouldn't be the first time I had a clear memory of something that didn't happen! :wub:

Concluding experiment now...log deleted!

Check with your ISP and make sure that they aren't throttling emails from Groundspeak (more specifically from geocaching.com).

Also, try using a GMail account instead (at least temporarily) to see if you are then getting the emails.

The point that AZ and I were discussing is that when someone logs a cache find from the WAP site (ie from their cell phone) it doesn't generate a notification email. This may have contributed to your issue if users logged a cache via the WAP site.