Pocket Queries not arriving in email

noikmeister

Hi,

I've been trying to create a pocket query from a bookmark list and they never arrive. I have had PQs arrive from the My Finds facility, but haven't had any luck with other types. I've added about 14 caches to a bookmark list then I choose create pocket query, then Run Once and Delete and submit and it says it has been submitted, but it never arrives. I've tried to 2 different email addresses and checked the spam filter of each one and nothing has arrived, even overnight. What is going on?

Cheers,

Jeremy

No. I assumed that if you chose run this query once and then delete it that it would actually run it immediately. Is that not the case?

EDIT

Well that worked, thanks for the help. I think that it is not the best UI for this. I now realise that unless you check the day of the week that the query is in "preview" mode.

They should make it a 2 step process where you form the search parameters, preview the search, the commit to emailing the GPX file, then it would be more intuative.

Thanks for your help Markwell

Did you choose a day of the week to run?

http://markwell.us/pq.htm#nopq

Edited by norkmeister

They should make it a 2 step process where you form the search parameters, preview the search, the commit to emailing the GPX file, then it would be more intuative.

It actually does just that, but not how you would expect it (and not very user friendly).

When you submit the criteria, the page is refreshed and you get a count of the caches that would be included in the pocket query in the top of the refreshed page.

Thanks! Your pocket query has been modified and currently results in 411 caches. You can preview the search on the nearest cache page.
So you get the initial preview, and then have to select a day of the week to have it generate (except that you can also do that on initial setup).

====================

A really intuitive and simple add on would be for the PQ system to not allow you to select a day on the creation of the new query, but any return of the results above where it says "Thanks! Your pocket query has been modified..." (after the "Submit information"¹ button is clicked) if the days are not checked, there could be red text next to the days telling you to check a day to get an e-mail. Something like this:

15cb6984-a694-4335-beb9-5dbb91cd8079.jpg

8bb1aabb-f240-457b-9adb-aaf3ca03a3de.jpg

¹: I also believe the "Submit Information" button should be renamed to "Submit Criteria" for clarification.

I agree. Another thing some people don't realize is that you can setup a Pocket Query and never have it run to produce a GPX file. Sometimes just being able to preview the query results or display them on a map is all a person is interested in. In another recent thread I suggested splitting the process of setting up and saving an extended (or premium) search criteria from requesting a GPX file with all the cache information based on a previously saved search. (link)