What is an evil micro?

I guess while I'm in confession mode, I'll show the final to Frieght Train Blues, as well:

This stage was crafted by my friend Candy Apple Green:

7f63d7d3-841a-4cf7-9154-26c9fef90dd8.jpg

Total spoiler:

d7cdc399-ffda-4dae-a6fc-ca245f8e4d8a.jpg

Have you ever thought of a career in the circus?

The way you are patting yourself on the back, you would be an excellent contortionist.

Just teasing you, of course...

:)

I've found a couple like that. First one we were looking for quite a while. Second one was on some wooden structure. After a quick look I grabbed the spike. But they are neat. Like your bronze sign, really neat.

Jim

i found one the other night it was in a little garden thing with a big raised rock garden in the middle and some big rocks around it on the out edge of the path around the rock garden, well the clue was leave no stone unturned so my gf and i are digging around in this rock garden for 20 minutes i jump down and run into one of the big rocks and it makes a nice hollow thunk sound so i pick it up and theres the cache it was one of those fake rocks used to hide pumps etc

I like the idea of an evil nano that defies convention. Like a guardrail cache that is magnetic but diabolically drilled into the wood support and kept in place by a screw inside the hole. The hint on the cache page said "Magnetic" and I spend 15-20 minutes searching EVERY inch of that rail for 30 feet before considering the 4 star rating.

I'd post a link to the page but I think I just gave the whole mystery away.

I know this is an old thread, but had to put me 2 cents in. I can say without a doubt, that it's hiding it in plain view that makes it evil.

We have 3 such hides, that have driven local cachers nuts. I even had a local cacher report one missing, but said he replaced it, so he could claim the find. lol I ofcourse checked the cache, found it intact, and sent him a note that it was right where I left it, and even offered to come show him where it was. He picked his up, and deleted his log.

Our latest hide is a magnetic guard rail hide :) We enjoyed watching the FTF hunt for it, he was quite suprised when he finally found it.

An evil micro is a tiny bison tube: glued into the bottom of a drilled out rock and tossed into a huge pile of other rocks; inserted into the hollow end of a wee branch amid thousands of other wee branches on a tree, inserted into the knot hole of a tree plugged up with a knot on a tree that has a hundred other knots, placed inside a fake bolt and magnetized to a metal structure that has a thousand other similar bolts, etc, etc. Searching for something like this can drive you nuts. Gotta love 'em though.
Many of the folks I know call such needle-in-a-haystack hides "bad evil" hides, to distinguish them from the "good evil" hides that involve creative camouflage. With a "good evil" hide, there's an "Aha!" moment when you finally figure out what it is. With a "bad evil" hide, you were pretty sure it was one of those rocks, branches, knot holes, bolts, or whatever, and you're glad you finally examined the right one.

I love "good evil" hides. I'm not a fan of "bad evil" hides.

I couldn't agree more. Well said.

One of my early caches was a 3-stage multi, where the 1st stage was truely evil. A footbridge that had a bronze "Load Limit" plaque on each end. I made a frame from balsa wood, filled it with plasticine clay, and went out there and pressed it to the plaque, giving me a negative mold of it.

At home, I filled that mold with plaster of Paris. Covered that with layer upon layer of latex rubber, reinforced with fiberglass. Filled that with 2-part acrylic casting resin, embedding a tiny rare-earth magnet in each corner and a piece of paper that held the 2nd stage coordinates. Painted with several layers of paint to look like the original weathered bronze plaques. Placed it in plain site of anyone that crossed that footbridge. It was there for three years before a bridge inspector discovered it and asked for it to be removed!

That's evil.

I thought that one was a piece of cake. :)

One of my early caches was a 3-stage multi, where the 1st stage was truely evil. A footbridge that had a bronze "Load Limit" plaque on each end. I made a frame from balsa wood, filled it with plasticine clay, and went out there and pressed it to the plaque, giving me a negative mold of it.

At home, I filled that mold with plaster of Paris. Covered that with layer upon layer of latex rubber, reinforced with fiberglass. Filled that with 2-part acrylic casting resin, embedding a tiny rare-earth magnet in each corner and a piece of paper that held the 2nd stage coordinates. Painted with several layers of paint to look like the original weathered bronze plaques. Placed it in plain site of anyone that crossed that footbridge. It was there for three years before a bridge inspector discovered it and asked for it to be removed!

That's evil.

I thought that one was a piece of cake. :)

:) I thought the same of Birch Park Shelter.