how to load benchmark .loc files into Oregon 400t

Eagle93

I'd like to be able to load a .loc file with nearby benchmarks for some caches that I hunt, however I've not had much luck loading them into my Garmin Oregon 400t.

I've tried placing them in \GPX\ folder and also the root \Garmin\ folder, but the waypoints don't appear for me to select from either of those locations.

Any have pointers for me?

I use a web site and a free piece of sofware to create my GPX files for benchmarks:

http://benchmarks.scaredycatfilms.com/index.html

http://ngs.tsqmadness.com/help/

The ScaredyCatFilms web site allows you to browse benchmarks near you, on a map, and create a list of those you would like to locate. Then you can submit those to NGS to download the data sheets. Then use NGS>>GPX to convert the data sheets to GPX format.

It might seem a little complicated at first...but you'll have ALL the information you need to locate the benchmark. The LOC files will only have the coordinates...and SCALED benchmarks are often a good distance from the published coordinates.

Happy Hunting!

Actually I usally go off what the original info given by the people who first put them in. As they are way better and accurate than the coordinates I found. As sometimes I'll find the coordinates will be off by 1-2 Miles for me. So I don't know what's going down all the time with that.