Oregon 300........

I have talkytoasters maps with contours on my Oregon 300, but I can't get it to show the contours with the maps. I have tried disabling the other maps in the hope that they will show but nothing happens. Is it the settings on the Oregon, and if so what do I need to set to show them?

Thanks in advance :lol:

I have talkytoasters maps with contours on my Oregon 300, but I can't get it to show the contours with the maps. I have tried disabling the other maps in the hope that they will show but nothing happens. Is it the settings on the Oregon, and if so what do I need to set to show them?

Thanks in advance :lol:

Hi

Check your map settings

Setup-map-Advanced map setup- Detail and check you have it set to most.

this should clear your problem unless talky has done a bum set without the contours on!

They are currently showing up on my 300 without a problem.

also there if a new firmware update for the 300 version 3.10 just use your webupdater to access it, looks good.

Hope this helps

I already had it set to most, and I also thought I had the contours map on, in fact I updated it to see if I had the wrong one on, but alas no contours.

I have taken the current map off and uploaded Talky's new routeable map with contours and it now works a treat. :D:)

Be warned people that if you have too many maps on the one memory then it can cause you to have problems starting your Oregon up. I couldn't even get it to connect to the computer. the very nice man at Garmin told me to connect the USB cable whilst pressing the power button. This worked and I was able to remove one of the mapsets. Phew!!! :lol:

on your main menu there is a 3d view button to view maps in 3d you use this rather than the map button i have a oregon 550 & have added topo gb v2 & to use the topo you can do it this way if you want to see it on the normal map button in setup go to maps advanced & make sury shaded relief is on & all maps are enabled but you only see coutours at a higher diatance ie 5ooft hope this helps

Thanks in advance :D

Hi

Check your map settings

Setup-map-Advanced map setup- Detail and check you have it set to most.

this should clear your problem unless talky has done a bum set without the contours on!

They are currently showing up on my 300 without a problem.

also there if a new firmware update for the 300 version 3.10 just use your webupdater to access it, looks good.

Hope this helps