Garmin Oregon 550t Anomaly(ies)

Two actually:

First - I currently have 3 Profiles customized, General, Geocaching, and Automotive. I noticed that some settings are not "remembered" after the 550t is powered down. Specifically, I set the "Tracks" to "Record and Show on Map". Over the past three days it continually reverts to "Do Not Show" after the unit has been powered down for any length of time.

Secondly - When marking a waypoint, and saving it (not Save and Edit, just Save) the 550t indicates that it assigned a sequential number...001, 002, 003, etc.. Today I relocated one of my caches and used the 550t to mark the new location. I took three or four readings, hit "Save" and saw that it was saved as a three digit number. Walked away about 200 feet, did a Where To, selected Waypoints, selected one of the three digit number waypoints I had just marked, and did a GoTo the marked location. Worked fine, compass arrow stayed steady and the distance to destination led me to within 5 feet of the marked coordinates. Came home...and I cannot find those four new waypoints that I marked and saved. They are not in the Waypoints folder under the Garmin GPX file, I see no other folders that contain waypoints, and they are not on my 550t when I search waypoints either directly, or through the Waypoint Manager.

Maybe I'm missing something here, but they seem to have disappeared. They were not written to the MicroSD card (I have the CN North America NT MicroSD card installed.

Has anyone else experience these anomalies, or can you tell me where those newly marked/saved waypoints might be filed.

TIA,

Bill

The Gps does not write on Sd

New saved waypoints are in current.gpx file

Mapsource > receive > waypoints

Changed profile maybe? If track on is off in the new profile no track is made for the time the profile is active.

Edited by splashy

The Gps does not write on Sd

New saved waypoints are in current.gpx file

Mapsource > receive > waypoints

Thanks for the comments....I realize that the 550t does not write to the SD card, and I checked the Current file under GPX in Mass Storage...they weren't there (the only thing in the Current file was the Track Log). Also transfered Waypoints and Tracks from the 550t to MapSource...the new waypoints I marked and "saved" today were not there....the only waypoints that showed up were ones I had previously copied to the 550t from file.

Bill

Changed profile maybe? If track on is off in the new profile no track is made for the time the profile is active.

All 3 profiles had Record and Show on Map selected (I get too "turned around" not to have a track log I can look (and hopefully intersect) at on a map).

Bill