60 Csx vs. Colorado 300 with a twist

Okay, so I have read some forums on here and it seems some like the Colorado and others the 60 Csx. My wife and I use Blackberrys and have Geocache navigator. This can do all of the paperless stuff for us. However while most of the time the gps is good--get in the woods and it blows. So, we splurged and got the 60 CSx but the Colorado was 20 bucks cheaper and caught our eye. So, right next to me is the Csx not opened yet.

We can do the paperless caching, so that is not as big of a deal EXCEPT that we'd like to be able to load caches via the cards when we go to events . . . . .Do these both work for this, is one better??

Suggestions?? The web/forums lead you to believe both are fairly good units--but it seems like 60CSx is "a legend". . .

HELP???

Sean

Keep the 60csx and don't worry about how well it does "paperless" caching -- just use your Blackberry for the data handling.

And no, the Legend is a different GPS :P

Can I load caches for events that aren't on geocache website yet--not too sure how they do this but supposedly I'll load them on via a card--is this possible on the 60csx.. . .. . ??

Okay, so I have read some forums on here and it seems some like the Colorado and others the 60 Csx. My wife and I use Blackberrys and have Geocache navigator. This can do all of the paperless stuff for us. However while most of the time the gps is good--get in the woods and it blows. So, we splurged and got the 60 CSx but the Colorado was 20 bucks cheaper and caught our eye. So, right next to me is the Csx not opened yet.

We can do the paperless caching, so that is not as big of a deal EXCEPT that we'd like to be able to load caches via the cards when we go to events . . . . .Do these both work for this, is one better??

Suggestions?? The web/forums lead you to believe both are fairly good units--but it seems like 60CSx is "a legend". . .

HELP???

Sean

I have both a Colorado 400t and a GPSMAP 60CSx. I also have cache descriptions on both a Palm and my iPod touch. For caching all I use anymore is the Colorado. Everything in one place. The 60 is my standby unit for geocaching and primary for most everything else and wet areas. The Colorado is not real good in wet weather. If I had to get by with one it would be the Colorado (maybe in a baggie in wet weather). The Colorado is a battery hog so be sure you have lots of rechargeable batteries. You might want to check out this site: http://garmincolorado.wikispaces.com/

I don't really understand what you mean here: "we'd like to be able to load caches via the cards when we go to events . . . . .Do these both work for this, is one better??"

Can I load caches for events that aren't on geocache website...
I have no idea. Can you do that on any device?

If you means simply punching in coords to the device in hand, the answer is yes.

The Colorado/Oregon/Dakota software can read GPX files off a MicroSD card. I haven't heard of anyone handing out data cards at events though. They'd likely just use paper.
Can I load caches for events that aren't on geocache website...
I have no idea. Can you do that on any device?

If you means simply punching in coords to the device in hand, the answer is yes.

The Colorado/Oregon/Dakota software can read GPX files off a MicroSD card. I haven't heard of anyone handing out data cards at events though. They'd likely just use paper.

I think they are doing this gpx on micro cards there as none of the coords will be on geocaching yet and it saves paper--gonna be a lot of cachers.. . . anyway, so, does anyone know if garmin csx does this too??