Question about Colorado 300.

Just got a colorado 300 mainly for geocaching. My question is, is there a way to set it so it shows all the roads, like side roads. Mine seems to only be showing main highways and such. Or is this something i have to pay for to get. My wifes car GPS which cost less than this came with all the roads.

Do you have additional maps installed in addition to the basemap? The basemap that comes with the unit is not very detailed and if that is all you have you'll need to look for some more maps, I would suggest gpsfiledepot.com as a place to start looking for free maps.

If you have additional maps installed make sure they are enabled and under Setup>Map you can increase the map detail if you want to see more roads at a given zoom level. Keep in mind if you enter an urban area with a lot of road detail this can slow the unit down as you are zooming and panning.

Just got a colorado 300 mainly for geocaching. My question is, is there a way to set it so it shows all the roads, like side roads. Mine seems to only be showing main highways and such. Or is this something i have to pay for to get. My wifes car GPS which cost less than this came with all the roads.

Your wife's car GPS isn't ruggedized, isn't waterproof, doesn't have an integrated electronic compass, won't last for more than 30 minutes or so on battery, etc.

Trail-oriented GPS units are designed with completely different goals than car-oriented GPS units.

To achieve full blown road navigation with Colorado or Oregon units, you need to purchase City Navigator maps.

If you just want to see the roads (without being able to route on them), purchase the Garmin 100K Topo maps, or load free maps from gpsfiledepot.com - note that the free maps are derived from US Census TIGER data, which can sometimes be rather inaccurate.