GPX files on 60CSx

I have been using a Magellan Triton which permits me to see ALL the info when using GPX files. This includes name, GC# of course - but also, the FULL description and hints.

Is this possible on the 60CSx? I loaded in a GPX file but can't see anything but the name and GC#. :P

Any help is appreciated! Thanks!

I have been using a Magellan Triton which permits me to see ALL the info when using GPX files. This includes name, GC# of course - but also, the FULL description and hints.

Is this possible on the 60CSx? I loaded in a GPX file but can't see anything but the name and GC#. :P

Nope, not possible. The 60 only shows the limited info. You could always store the rest of the info on a palm device or similar, if you want to be paperless.

Edited by salem65

Is this possible on the 60CSx? I loaded in a GPX file but can't see anything but the name and GC#. :D

You can try Garmin's POI loader and the GSAK macro. That will put more info on your 60csx, but even that is limited.

As suggested before, you can always pick up a Palm Pilot or Pocket PC pretty cheap on eBay and use those to keep the paperless information on.

I use a Blackberry with CacheBerry for paperless. I have used a Palm 100, 105, 500 and a Pocket PC before switching to a Blackberry.

There are plenty of ways to work around the cache information limits of the 60..

I personally didn't care for using the POI loader on my 60csx, but there are a lot of cachers out there that do like it though.

I use an 60CSx and an iPod to store my cache information so I could go paperless. I transfer the information via GSAK