Oregon 300 not reading recently loaded caches

;) The Geocaching site was down a fortnight ago. When it came back on line we decided we should load a few near us in case the site went down again. All the caches we loaded did not appear on the map on the GPS or the list on the GPS. Up to now we have not had any problems. When opening the folder with the computer they are all there in all in the GPX folder with the other caches that we had previously loaded prior to this date. Why can the Oregon not read these recently loaded caches?

Has anyone else come across this problem or can anyone offer any advice. We brought the Oregon to enable us to do paperless caching.

We have deleted the files and reloaded in case they were corrupt to no avail.

:anicute: what do we do?

It sounds like you are loading the caches one at a time. How many caches do you have on the unit? The Oregon will only read up to 200 individual .gpx files. To load more caches, you'll have to delete some of the individual files or use Pocket Queries which can have many caches in a single .gpx file.

It sounds like you are loading the caches one at a time. How many caches do you have on the unit? The Oregon will only read up to 200 individual .gpx files. To load more caches, you'll have to delete some of the individual files or use Pocket Queries which can have many caches in a single .gpx file.

Oh that sounds helpful. Thank you. So now we need to learn how to load pocket qeries. From reading the forum I have learned how to create them. Now I need to figure out how to load them or send the file to the GPS. Do you just do it using your computer from the email?

Yeah! Thank you so much. It worked. Just sent a previously created pocket query to the GPS. Found we had to move it into the right folder. We deleted about 120 caches first that we had loaded indiviually. Now we can read on the GPS the new loaded caches which we loaded in bulk using the pocket query. Much easier. :anicute:;)

This is just a plug for GSAK (Geocaching Swiss Army Knife).

http://www.gsak.net/

It makes manaing your caches (particularly pocket queries) much easier to handle. I've got three or four weekly queries that are emailed to me, and I just load them right into GSAK. It helps keep you under 2000 caches on the unit at any given time even if you have way more than that to keep track of.

I'm not related to the program at all. I'm just a happy customer.