Pocket Query: entering coords not working

j2x

I'm trying to do a pocket query from the coords:

45.586792, -123.553634

However, when I enter those decimal coords into the decimal degrees fields, I get a little red asterisk indicating, I guess, that this is an invalid entry.

What do I do?

45.586792, -123.553634

However, when I enter those decimal coords into the decimal degrees fields, I get a little red asterisk indicating, I guess, that this is an invalid entry.

What do I do?

You switch the default HDD MM.mmm entry to HDD.ddd format.

Jim

45.586792, -123.553634

What do I do?

You switch the default HDD MM.mmm entry to HDD.ddd format.

Jim

um, in english please? i did a search for "HDD.ddd format" and didn't find anything, so thank you for your help, but please write directions that I will understand and/or can search for.

Edited by j2x

On the pocket query page there is a drop down menu for the format coordinates are entered. The default is degrees minutes. You are entering degrees decimal degrees. You need to change the default on the drop down.

Team Taran

i did switch the drop down to Decimal Degrees. it doesn't seem to like the negative "-" sign in the coord.

On the pocket query page there is a drop down menu for the format coordinates are entered. The default is degrees minutes. You are entering degrees decimal degrees. You need to change the default on the drop down.

Team Taran

i did switch the drop down to Decimal Degrees. it doesn't seem to like the negative "-" sign in the coord.

That probably is because the form wants E or W instead of + or -.

Jim