Any retail stores sell trackables?

jjome

I am an instant gratification kind of girl, and while I have ordered many things on line, I prefer to be able to drive somewhere to pick things up and get it into my greedy little hands.

Anyone know of any kind of stores that sell trackables? I am very close to an REI, but when I went for a receiver there, I didn't really see any other caching supplies. Am I going to have to order one online? There are some other outdoor stores around me as well.

I am in Milwaukee, but will drive an hour to find a place.

TIA

Janine

Since REI stores are not everywhere I think you are mostly stuck with online purchases. I can relate to the instant gratification and getting something in your hands quickly (as well as touching and seeing in person before buying).

I recently notified the outdoor company that has a few brick and mortar stores in my region to tell them about Geocaching and suggest that they consider becoming a distributor. Who knows - maybe they will some day. If you have outdoor stores in your area that are not national chains (they are much more difficult to influence) then I suggest you contact them.