State Park permit in Rockland Cty, New York

tpms

Finally, after years of hunting caches, I placed one. I did everything by the book. But, the reviewer tells me that I need a permit to place my cache where it is. I send an email to some address given that governs permits for my area (which is not very close if the address is accurate) but, I don't have any faith in getting a reply.

Can anyone give me specifc directions or address to the "office" where I can obtain a geocaching permit for State parks in Rockland County, New York?

Thanks.

NY groups the parks by regions not counties. I think Rockland is in the Palisades region. Here's a link to the NY State Parks page. Find the park in question and hit submit. There should be contact information on the park page. If I can find the application I'll post it.

I found the permit application but it's in pdf format. I don't know how to post that here. I can e-mail it if you want. E-mail me through this site and I'll reply with the file attached.

Edited by macatac1961

Rockland County has a few State Parks within its boundaries. There is Blauvelt SP, Tallman Mountain SP, Nyack Beach, Hook Mountain, Rockland Lake, Haverstraw Beach and parts of Harriman and Bear Mountain State Parks. For Harriman and Bear Mountain I would suggest the Admin Building at Bear Mountain. The manager of Tallman Mtn. has a residence in the park. Most of the others can probably be contacted via the office at Rockland Lake.

Rockland County also requires a permit for caches in their County Parks. Their address is Division of Enviornmental Resourses, 50 Sanitorium Road Building P, Pomona, NY 10970 -845-364-2670.

I've received permits from both the State and County and haven't had any problems getting approval.