Latests claide GC-Code / Waypoint-code

Team WECA

Hello to all,

I am wondering if i can see somewhere, which GC-code is claimed as latest.

I know in The Netherlands that caches are published with GC1V...

It would be nice if i could claim GC1WECA for a new cache of my team.

Anywhere i can see if that code hasnt been claimed/still to come? Someone a link to the latest claimed (cache in make-status) GC-code. Listing just submitted/ new cache submitted. Not to reviewer.

Or are you sharing with me, your own latest GC-code for a recently submitted/new cache.

Greetings

Carsten

Team WECA jr

Hello to all,

I am wondering if i can see somewhere, which GC-code is claimed as latest.

I know in The Netherlands that caches are published with GC1V...

It would be nice if i could claim GC1WECA for a new cache of my team.

Anywhere i can see if that code hasnt been claimed/still to come? Someone a link to the latest claimed (cache in make-status) GC-code. Listing just submitted/ new cache submitted. Not to reviewer.

Or are you sharing with me, your own latest GC-code for a recently submitted/new cache.

Greetings

Carsten

Team WECA jr

GC1WECA seems to be availble (at July 4th 21:45 GMT)

You can test it by trying to access the cache (http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?wp=GC1WECA)

If the response is "Cache is Unpublished" then the code is free, in case of "An Error Has Occurred. Sorry, you cannot view this cache listing until it has been published." the code is taken, but has not been published by a reviewer.

This is just my interpretation of things. Anyhow, it'll be hard to reserve a listing code at the right moment. Be prepared to reserve a lot of them!

Here might be an idea for GS to provide ($ell) special cache codes for a modest price.

GC1WECA seems to be availble (at July 4th 21:45 GMT)

You can test it by trying to access the cache (http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?wp=GC1WECA)

If the response is "Cache is Unpublished" then the code is free, in case of "An Error Has Occurred. Sorry, you cannot view this cache listing until it has been published." the code is taken, but has not been published by a reviewer.

This is just my interpretation of things. Anyhow, it'll be hard to reserve a listing code at the right moment. Be prepared to reserve a lot of them!

Here might be an idea for GS to provide ($ell) special cache codes for a modest price.

That idea i didnt come to, to do trial and error. Seems that GC1Vfb9 is the latest code at the moment (Amsterdam time 0:21). Long time to go, wait for the code.

Will see. i now know i can check via the link.

Someone any idea how long it will take to get to WECA?

Greets

Carsten

GC1TF00 to GC1VF00 took about 28 days. So GC1VF00 to GC1WF00 will take about the same, and GC1WECA will go about an hour before. I'm going to guess 28th July, plus or minus a couple of days. But you'll need to be camped out in front on your PC.

GC1TF00 to GC1VF00 took about 28 days. So GC1VF00 to GC1WF00 will take about the same, and GC1WECA will go about an hour before. I'm going to guess 28th July, plus or minus a couple of days. But you'll need to be camped out in front on your PC.

So, did you get it?

28th July, was a reasonably well educated guess. Now it seems that "your" code was reserved 22 +/- 2 hours ago.

And if you didn't get it, there still is litle hope. BUT you have to find out who reserved the code and convince them to adopt that cache description to you. (Naturally before it gets published, so there's a "slight" problem to get in touch with the current owner.)

Edited by lq

Nope, i didnt get it. I was this weekend not at home (in Paris for Tour de France cycling).

When i turned on my computer monday evening, i saw that my obessed code was already taken. How bad that gc.co cant reserve Waypoint-codes for special occasions like this.

New feature?

Team WECA jr

I would very much hope that a reviewer would refuse to honour such a request. The last thing I would want when preparing my cache is someone pestering me for the GC code, and I wouldn't want the reviewers to be giving out information to allow this.

I suggest you wait a month and see if the cache is published. If not, maybe write to contact@geocaching.com and ask if they can help, but prepare for a negative answer.

If it is published, you could create a Travel Bug whose goal is to reach GC1WECA, or even set your team's personal goal to be to visit it. Sometimes, you don't need to "own" something to enjoy it.