Garmin - Incorrect nearest POI's

Just wondering if this is a common issue:

I live in Grande Prairie, Alberta, Canada, and bought my GPS about a week ago (Garmin Nuvi 260W). I've downloaded all the current updates. However, I've noticed a couple of minor things that have me scratching my head.

- It shows the nearest police station to be about 25 miles away, but in fact the local detachment is about 1/2 mile from me.

- It shows the nearest Costco to be in the next city, but ours here in town was opened about 8 years ago

Does this sort of thing sound familiar?

Thanks. :D

I have the same problem. When I look on the list of nearest POI's - it will say on the list, for example that it's 14 miles NW - But when you click on it, it will say that it's actually about 30 miles NW. Would that be that on the list - it's coordinating how far it is from your current location then when you open it up, it shows how far it is from your Home location or vice versa? It kind of confused me. My StreetPilot did it too.

Also, when I pull up the list of nearest Police Stations (for example) it doesn't even show our town's PD. Weird. Maybe we're too small. :)

I have a Garmin Nuvi 205.

They really need to get into overhauling those POI's or else we're going to see something happen like the Nationwide Insurance commerical where the guy crashes into a building! :D

I have the same problem. When I look on the list of nearest POI's - it will say on the list, for example that it's 14 miles NW - But when you click on it, it will say that it's actually about 30 miles NW. Would that be that on the list - it's coordinating how far it is from your current location then when you open it up, it shows how far it is from your Home location or vice versa? It kind of confused me. My StreetPilot did it too.

Also, when I pull up the list of nearest Police Stations (for example) it doesn't even show our town's PD. Weird. Maybe we're too small. :)

I have a Garmin Nuvi 205.

They really need to get into overhauling those POI's or else we're going to see something happen like the Nationwide Insurance commerical where the guy crashes into a building! :D

This makes me feel better just to know I'm not the only one. :D

We may be too small too - northern Alberta in Canada, population about 50,000 and somewhat remote by continental U.S. standards. I doubt New Yorkers would report this same issue.