accronyms!

crazyseany

A lot of the time you will see TFTH or TFTC which means Thanks For The Hide or Thanks For The Cache.

Another one you will see is TNLN Took Nothing Left Nothing

SL is Signed Log

So you will see this a lot: TFTC TNLN SL which is short hand for:

"Thanks for placing this cache here in this creepy cemetery, I didn't take anything out of the cache because McDonalds toys don't interest me anymore because I'm a grown man. And since I didn't take anything, I'm not going to leave this cool LED flashlight that I've been carrying around for a month. I did however sign the log, whith my own pen because the one in the cache is broke and dried up. Also the log was also full and pretty damp."

I wrote a little bit more about this on my (shameless plug) blog here.

"Thanks for placing this cache here in this creepy cemetery, I didn't take anything out of the cache because McDonalds toys don't interest me anymore because I'm a grown man. And since I didn't take anything, I'm not going to leave this cool LED flashlight that I've been carrying around for a month. I did however sign the log, whith my own pen because the one in the cache is broke and dried up. Also the log was also full and pretty damp."

blog here.

Sheesh! But let me welcome you to geocaching. It's a lotta fun...and even cemeteries can be interesting if you really look around instead of just logging the cache and darting off to the next one. Most "good" caches have a story to tell. Let the adventures begin[:)][:D][:unsure:]

blog here.

Sheesh! But let me welcome you to geocaching. It's a lotta fun...and even cemeteries can be interesting if you really look around instead of just logging the cache and darting off to the next one. Most "good" caches have a story to tell. Let the adventures begin[:D][:D][:D]

thanks for the replies and the warm welcome and the "im not sure what that was all about" mini rant!

I won't be discouraged!

I wanted to buy a GPS for hunting... so doing research on GPSr's I stumbled upon this website looking at reviews.... anyways I thought it would be fun to try. my wife wanted nothing to do with it.... I dragged her to a local small cemetary and we actually left and came back to look again.... she ended up finding it and now we are hooked! we are still GPSrless. (i think were going to wait till the Oregon 550t comes out and see how that is... supposed to have a brighter screen,faster more accurate chip, larger memmory!)

we found a couple of caches with toys in them and the kids had toys to trade so they loved it!

we went to borders today and bought some "swag" for the adults... like a survival book, nice bookmarks, a couple of nece journals....

if we find a cache with trash can we use our discretion and remove the junk or should you always trade for it?

sorry for above! my cell said it wasn't connecting but apperantly it did!

anyways the one cache we found had the plastic parts for a push up popsicle in it and other "trash"

is it ok for us to remove these items? or if we remove should we trade ... up for them?

also we like the CITO program. its something we try to practice anyways....

sean & family

Edited by crazyseany