Cartridge folder - changed

Phillips4

OK I messed up. Went searching for some new carts I downloaded today (I didn't put them in the default location). I must have 'selected' a new folder with no carts in it. What this does is crashes the player just after the GPS syncs and the player tries to list the carts.

Error message gives me two options: quit now or view error details. I view the error details and then the player quits itself with no option to choose a different folder.

How do I change the cart folder back to default? Can't do it from within the player.

thx...

Not sure yet how to set the default cartridge folder, but I have noticed that if you open up a Lua file for editing, the folder which had the Lua file is the first place where my builder looks for cartridges. If I don't have a Lua file open, I will have to track down the folder with that aweful method that reminds me of old Windows 3.2. (I think 3.1 required DOS key entries, maybe). So when I'm looking to try out a cartridge, I open a Lua file that is in the same directory. Once the Lua file is open, I go to the Emulator and all cartridges that are in the same directory as the Lua file are the ones that are listed as available to play, or to try to play.

Thanks for the responses, but what's a lua file and how do you open one???

I guess that kinda gives away my software knowledge level; nonetheless I was able to recognize a rookie mistake and solve the problem.

The error message, once I looked more closely, said something to the effect of "*/ no cartridges found". Solution was to use file explorer to find where my cartridges were placed and copy one of them to the root directory. Once the player was able to find at least one cart it would start up normally and I could then change the default cart folder back to its original setting.

The player's designers should probably be made aware that this 'hard failure' doesn't need to happen; the program should prompt for a new directory location if it can't find carts in the default folder.

But again, thanks for the help. We found our first WIG this past weekend and loved it. Hope to find (and hide) more in the near future.

A lua file is a text file. Open it in notepad. It's programming code.

The Builder makes this code for you, but once you understand it enough, there's the possibility of editing the file directly. You could make direct edits either to save time or do things the Builder can't.