Can't unlock City Nav 8 NT for second unit, what gives?

So I spent several hours last night trying to add my CV8NT to my Legend HCX. This will be the second unit. I go through it every which way from sunday, tried every option that it had. Both in the unlock wizard, and online. Spent like 3 hours on it last night, I had input every number including the customer number from when i loaded it onto the Vista that got stolen.

Simple question... do I need a new customer number? Everything else seemed to work on, my 25dig number, my ser. number, my unit ID number. But I would get only sofar even after imputting the old customer number, that a little box would come up and say "No Customer Number entered"

Yes I did register the Legend with Garmin already. Any ideas?

I was hoping to get it loaded to take with me to Ocean Shores tonight. But alas perhaps Topo will be the best I can get on it.

City Navigator North America V.8 was the last version to allow 2 unlocks. Are you sure you have version 8? Did you try logging on to www.mygarmin.com to see if you have another unlock available? It should show if you have another unlock and you can also unlock it from there. Good luck.