Are "alternate home coordinates" available?

Denali89102

I have searched both the GC pages and here in Groundspeak and if there's a way to assign temporary or alternate home coordinates or home location I can't find it.

I realize that I could change the information in my profile but it seems to me that there should some way to change it temporarily. Why? Well right now I'm visiting my daughter and her family in beautiful (though recently stormy) Parker, CO. I have learned how to find GC's that we might wish to seek relative to her coordinates, that's not the problem.

What bothers me is that, even though I use her coordinates, the GC info always comes back and tells me how far the cache is from my home in Las Vegas, NV.

Thanks, in advance, for your help.

I belive that this has been raised in the web fourm as a feature request

But at the moment as I understand it there isn't a way to temporaly change your home co-ords other than updating your existing "home" co-ords and then changing them back.

Somebody please correct me if I have got that wrong.

Edited by Hampshire_Hog

But at the moment as I understand it there isn't a way to temporaly change your home co-ords other than updating your existing "home" co-ords and then changing them back.

Yep just go here http://www.geocaching.com/account/ManageLocations.aspx

and update your coordinates.

Thanks Hog. I won't hold my breath. I searched everyway I could think of and didn't find any previous posts. I will continue changing "Home Location" to get the results I want. :)

Thanks Hog. I won't hold my breath. I searched everyway I could think of and didn't find any previous posts. I will continue changing "Home Location" to get the results I want. :)

If you're just looking for caches near a specific point, just enter the coordinates in the search fields, then bookmark the search results in your browser.