New Orleans

frogsaunt

I'm getting ready for a week long trip to New Orleans with a west coast cacher. Our hotel is on Poydras street.

What caches would anyone reccomend ?

I moved before I started geocaching, but you can probably pick them out from This Link.

I would advise staying away from St. Charles Circle at night though...

I would probably drive about 35 miles east and cache in the Slidell/LaCombe Area.......

:laughing: View Carre is that can't miss cache of New Orleans, Ihave notbeen back to New Orleans since I started Geocaching but when I do go this is the one cache that will #1 on my list to do.

View Carre is probably Orleans' most visited and famous cache. It's a definite "must do" when visiting the area. Bring travel bugs.

View Carre' is the most popular (and visited) cache in LA. There are a lot of good (and historical) caches around the French Quarter----then widened out around New Orleans. The Mandeville area above New Orleans has some extremely unique caches.

I would post this question in the local forum and you will get all kind of good answers. The owners of all the caches I described above will be able to tell you all you want to know there. They are always extremely hospitable, and may even take you on a personal guided tour.

www.louisianageocaching.org

If you have a car, I highly recommend driving north over the Lake Pontchartrain Causeway (the world's longest bridge, depending on your definition of bridge- and no toll if you drive north) to Mandeville and checking out some of Angel&Ritchie's caches. Three of the best ones are:

Mystery of the Holy Grail

Prisoner in the Cage of Death

Angel&Richie's LetterBox

Just about anything regular or large size by them is going to be something you've probably never seen before.

Welcome all cachers to the Northshore of Lake Pontchartrain (north of New Orleans).

Mandeville,La. 70448 area.

Visit our area to have a caching experience to remember for a lifetime.

Don't forget to check out our great many one of a kind caches!

Check out the links to our Best caches on our profile page.

Angel&Richie's Profile page

http://www.geocaching.com/profile/?guid=50...88-c86678ec185f

Also you can check out more of the Best on our WebSite..

http://LouisianaGeocaching.org

Edited by Angel&Richie